FTE QuakeWorld changelog
Changes from 2770 to 3343:
- Ruleset cvar fixes - Support for X11 mwheel conventions - Updated menu_demo - Fix client packet flood - Fixed bad assumptions with software renderer - Fix PCX loading - NQ servers fix - Draw the scoreboard correctly on largegames - Made qtvplay work a bit better - Work around for ktx not supporting fte's alias arguments - Added limited compatibility with darkplaces' alias arguments - Skin bug fix - CSQC now works on big endian systems - Increase maximum macro size and fix endless loop bug caused by empty macros - Add support for \ (backslash) in macros - Include plugin-support in mingl - Attempt to fix the quad/pent glows not appearing on bots - Clean up with gl_flashblend and r_dynamic usage - Fix to own-lightning not updating after spectating - Fix to enemy skin on team mates - Ensure saved return values are in a locked temp, and not corrupted by the following function call - Updated the pcx loader(s), to ensure that min offsets are handled correctly and consistently - Make playqtv slightly more robust - Changed the pf_clientstat function and parameters to match the ordering originally documented in the ext_csqc extension - Updated qclib to support querying fields based on their offset rather than purely a name basis, to support the clientstat change - Fix for #define macro parameters in fteqcc - Changed name of ruleset to 'nqr'. Allowed playercount in 'nqr'. - Model clamping implemented - Expanded the maximum length of frame macro names to 64-1 characters - Added a message when a frame macro name is too long. - Fixed bugs regarding reading the pcx file format for player skins - Fixed a bug in the colour-mapping code regarding player skins with sizes smaller than the player's model's skin - Optimised the uploaded image size when small skins are used - Don't let gl_texturemode2d affect the console font. - More consistent archiving - r_fastskycolour accepts rgb format - Compress the scoreboard to fit team names - Make pings update correctly on the scoreboard - Added initial support for eztv extensions - Fixed some demo playback sbar stats - Fixed NQ demo playback.
- New cvar, vid_preservegamma. Set it to 0 to obliterate your old gamma settings when you leave FTE. This mimics the use of quake3 to reset your gamma settings should FTE crash on you. The default is to restore gamma settings to how they were when you first loaded FTE, the same as before. You can now use FTE to reset your gamma if FTE crashed and broke it. Only applies to the windows version so far.
- Link engine viewmodels if the specified draw mask is specified - Fixed lightning beam origins for spectated players. - More meaningful name for unnamed clients - Added a 'newalias' command. Exactly like alias but does nothing if it already exists. - Changed sound cvars, backwards compability using the name2-field - Basic ezQuake color code stripping. - Changed default rate - D3D renderers actually render - Fixed a couple of qtvplay bugs - A proper fix for the setjmp bug converning non-jpeg's being passed to the jpeg library, for the "Bad number of componants in jpeg" console print. - Added a workaround for eztv proxies. - Security measures to prevent cheating with instant-join - Fixed faulty logic regarding allow_luma. Added a rule to allow everything when you're spectating - Prevent a crash due to particles being loaded before the map - Fix in map loading code, quake can now load dm6++ - Small fix to Q2 model code - Workaround for the DP_SV_BOTCLIENT speedbug on listen servers - Use tp_name cvars where possible. - Naming standard being followed: DP_QC_BOTCLIENT -> DP_SV_BOTCLIENT - Workaround for broken bot angles. - Speedburst/Speedhack/Z-Fighting/libjpeg/conback etc problems resolved - Removed the oldmovement code in DP_QC_BOTCLIENT - s/possabilities/possibilities, sv_displaypossabilities has changed name. - Better botclient movement code - Another small fix to Quake 2 model loading - s/compatable/compatible (take notice that sv_compatablehulls will have a changed name too) - Fixed so cfg_save will put .cfg at the end if not specified. - Botclient ucmd.angles are now correct - Basic team overlay - Allowed plugins a way to get location info from the engine - Resolved the movement-got-changed issue - Fix a crash that happens with a too long uptime
- New scoreboard stuff: scr_scoreboard_newstyle for a facelift scr_scoreboard_teamscores for more info during teamplay Both set to 1 as default
- Fixed bot support - Now registering the in_xflip cvar - Support for Fodquake video code in software rendering - Replaced "banned by ruleset" with " " when reporting player counts - Fix for the ruleset cvar latching problem with the string-field being null - f_ruleset - 64bit qvm compatability - Added cvars so you can put the built in http server on a custom port - Removed gl_loadmd2/gl_loadmd3, added r_replacemodels, r_particlesdesc is now separated by spaces and ; - Fix so that MVDSV does not kick for userinfo spamming - Teamskins work properly with funchars and uppercase letters in teamnames - Improved q1qvm support - now runs on 64bit servers with 32bit qvm - Added support for q1-like qvms (mvdsv style) - Fixes to DP7 downloading - Fix for demonum/# crashes and downloads - Fix for some allow_download_* cvars - Added sv_minping - Added sv_cullplayers_trace and sv_cullentities_trace - Shortened the ruleset sound length to 10 secs - Modified the rcon-command: "rcon <password> cmd" works without needing to set rcon_password every time - Fix so that pl is not outside the table margins - Draw "spec" for teamplay 0 and "spectator" for teamplay 1 - Fix so that spectators are shown with a "spectator"-tag like it should - Added pm_pground by Tonik - Fix rare error condition with downloads under DP protocol - Fix scr_autoid: Don't draw it for the local player, tracked player and dead players. - Fix to loading screen in nexuiz - Slightly less broken .view2 support - Added key combo CTRL + PGDN/PGUP for scrolling one screen. Also works for CTRL + MWHEEL - Added bugs relating to scr_scoreboard_* cvars, broken indepphysics, and generally screwed up - Fixed a spam bug when watching mvds - Fixes a 64-bit sw crash - Tweeked stepheight a little, added 'cmd efpslist' - This makes alsa tolerable - don't default to the default. - Fixed sw renderer's console background when the input image is not 320*200 - Fixed 64bit compatability. - Don't crash quite so hard on big endian systems. - Make the default sv_stepheight 18. - Fixed a memory leak the size of Russia. - Fixed Ogg support a bit - Enhanced DarkPlaces/Nuxuiz compatability - Added gl_texturemode2d - Fixed an nq network message corruption bug with large reliables - CSQC is supported on the server with the DP7 protocol - sv_listen_qw can be switched off leaving sv_listen_dp enabled in order to force DP to connect with a specific protocol - Fixed the comma operator to function correctly - Support for reverse qtv connections. (server can now connect to qtv to stream the game, rather than the qtv having to know about the server) - Small tweek that makes qtv slightly more usable without leaving the client. - D3D renderer. - CRC fix - Fixed the ent.field.field += bug; by swapping the order of statements. - Added support for the ?: trinary operator. - Software renderer fixes. - New qc extension: DP_QC_UNLIMITEDTEMPSTRINGS (assuming pr_tempstringcount = 0) - Fixed a couple of issues with msg_entity being random. - Some Q3 fixes - Only interpret splitscreen usercommands if that client actually has splitscreen enabled. (This fixes an incompatability with ktpro) - Can now load Quake 2 game files from an absolute path. - Added 'combo' menu script commands (one var, multiple descrete values). - Tabs in configs are now handled more correctly. - Added a quick connect menu option which joins the client to the most populated server with a ping under 50. Mod/gamedir is not considered. - Fix independant physics - Fix AVI recording - Fix PNG screenshots under AMD64 - Fix 8bpp screenshots under X - De-spammified Hexen2. - Fix red glows issue in hexen2 - Don't send random stack contents to the client with chunked downloads if the file size modulo is not 1024 or if the client requests an out of bounds block. - Delay map changes until after the renderer is set, rather than setting one as part of the map change. - Fixed the rotation instant death in h2 - NQ mod waterjump bug fixed. - When sounds can't be found, don't spam the same message over and over again. - Added code to check for truncated BSPs. - Support forward declaration of classes (hopefully). Reject declarations of already declared classes. - Fix prediction bug. - Raised the runaway loop limit - Improved debugging, can assign functions to variables in the debugger. - Fix nexuiz menus - Add a couple of extra qc-breakpoints on entity overflows. - aliaslist can be used to show only the alises sent from the server - so you know which commands are available. - Added a non-destructive way to get out of qc menus to the console (shift+escape). - Told the server how to send TE_TEI_BIGEXPLOSION, for nexuiz. - Stopping nexuiz from looping infinatly with lots of new bots being spawned.. - Fixed colour codes in centerprints. - Fix incorrect traces in Quake3 - Add commands skipdl/finishdl, forces current QW download to end with finishdl saving the file and skipdl deleting it
- Added cl_dlemptyterminate When set to 1 the client will assume downloads are finished when a empty (0 size) svc_download is received (defaults to 1)
- Ensure server treats percent value properly with downloads - Ignore challanges from differing protocols (happens with a client connecting to an sv_listen 2 server) - Fix for sys_colorconsole on windows - Fix frame lerp - Dynamically allocate client baselines (should save about 2MB of memory on typical servers) - Bounds check baselines (stops invalid svc_spawnbaseline from crashing) - Don't Sys_Error with NULL Q2 setmodel call - Properly fallthrough if bSetupPixelFormat fails - Fix menu staying while playing a cinematic - Change default particle execs from server to local restrict level (server restrict screws over chain-loading) - Fix player frame/frame lerp with MVD - Misc fixes